Yarn Tales Tuesday






Crocheted Gifts





  Did you make anything to gift for the holidays this year? Has the recipient asked for something specific, or did you just make it for a surprise? If the receiver has already opened their present, what was their reaction?









  So, I've asked you my questions...Now let me answer them myself: I think I may have failed! Late in the year, I got a request from my mom for a Christmas-themed table runner. I gave her the Lacy Fall Table Runner I designed, and she wants one for the holidays.




This is as far as I've gotten with it.









  Sure, I could have made the Fall table runner in holiday colors, but no-oooo. My creative brain had to get the bright idea to design a different one. And sometimes, that leads me to a good place. But sometimes, it leads me here. I have a vision in my head, and I've had some difficulties making it work. Now, I have the pattern written out. I just have to rush to complete the squares. She said not to worry if I can't finish it, but doesn't that still leave you with that "I failed" feeling?




  I really hope I can get it done. At least she could have it for Christmas, for the kids opening their presents and stuff. So I'm going to quit writing and CROCHET! In the meantime, share with us what you've worked on.



Happy Crocheting!

Comments