Saturday, May 6, 2017

Life, Squared

  We all know that other matters in life sometimes take precedence over crochet. (GASP!) Those of you who follow the blog know that I've ran into many problems over the last month. To add to the mayhem, my dad was admitted to the ICU with pneumonia. This past week has been spent visiting him and feeding his enormous cat Anderson. I love a good challenge, and I hate to back down from one. But as a result of yet another unforeseen circumstance, I have no choice but to skip participating in the Granny-Spiration Challenge for May.

crochet, cats, Anderson, Granny Square, Granny-Spiration Challenge 2017


  I have so many granny square (or granny-themed) projects around that it seems impossible to not meet the challenge... But, I need to concentrate on getting life squared away before I can get back to crochet. It's been rough this month. However, all is not lost. I have plans in place for the things I can control, and I hope it will help to make space for those things we can't predict. Everything will be explained in an upcoming post.


  You can enter the linkup and giveaway at EyeLoveKnots as always. Hopefully I'll find the time to hop in to see the awesome projects you all share! I just need some time to regroup, then I'll be back next month with another great Granny-Spiration project for you. Please do still visit everyone else in the challenge to see what they've created:








Happy Crocheting!


PS - Scarves!


crochet, pattern, scarf, Ravelry, for-sale, free gift, Caron Simply Soft


During my own sick time and the days spent sitting with dad in the hospital, I've been creating a ton of my latest scarf in different colors. And I'll let you in on a secret about this for-sale pattern: One of the stitches used is the same you'd work for a granny square corner, so it will fit into the Challenge a bit! I'm still searching for a name for the design, so look for my post shared at the linkup for a chance to get it for free on Ravelry when the pattern is finished.


10 comments:

  1. Oh my, I hope your dad will get better soon! totally understandable that you skip this months challenge.
    Life is hard on you lately, I wish it will al turn out okay for you.
    PS: Lovely scarfs, really! And I love Anderson too :-)
    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sigrid! Dad is now recovering and Anderson is happy.
      It was a shame to miss participating in the challenge, but now I have some time to catch up with all of you. Thanks for understanding!

      Delete
  2. Hope your Dad recouping as planned and you have rest too. I full time care for my Mom and I know how busy life can be. Best regards...Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet! My heart goes out to you, caring for your mom round the clock... It can be difficult just helping out, let alone full-time care. Dad is home now, so at least it makes it easier not running around the hospital.

      Delete
  3. Take whatever time you need to get things sorted, dear Jenny.
    BTW: I did get that job I applied for. Now I'm working monday-friday 2-3 hours each morning. Doesn't pay much, but that's still better than nothing at all...
    Just take one step at the time - I'll still be around when you're back!
    Hugs,
    Marjan
    P.S.: I love your shawls more each time I have a look at them. Like the upper left colour most...
    P.S.2: Anderson looks quite big indeed ;-) Hope your dad is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been missing so much on your blog, Marjan! I hope you'll be happy with your new job. With just a few hours a day, hopefully you can still find time for crochet.
      I've been spending my days at the hospital making more of those scarves in different colors from my stash. (It's a quick design that's easy to memorize.) Now if only I can finally finish creating the pattern for everyone else!
      Turns out pneumonia may have saved Dad's life... He's home now after a surgery and recovering well.

      Delete
  4. Pretty scarf! I like it!
    How about 323 (three two three) for the name? That's what we call granny square corners in my crochet class and that's what I thought of when you mentioned granny square corner.
    I hope your dad gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the concept of the name, but I always work 3-1-3 corners. I don't know where I learned that from, but it works for me. :)
      However... Your idea gives me an idea to play with numbers in the name! There really is a lot of 3's, 2's, and 1's in the pattern. (Come to think of it, that might be the only numbers in the design!) You just made naming this pattern as easy as 1-2-3!

      Delete
  5. Dear Jenny, I hope your dad recovers soon. I like your scarfs very much!
    *Big Hug* Mariam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mariam! Dad is recovering quite well.

      Delete

Comment moderation is now enabled because of those nasty spammers - Sorry!
Your comment will go through after you click "publish", but it won't be visible until approved.